Thursday, December 29, 2011

To Wednesday

 "Come, sorrow; we welcome thee. Let us join in grief, rejoice in despair, and honor the fortunate dead. "
- Wednesday Addams


Dear Wednesday Addams,

Here's to your wit and the way you never compromise with your dignity and wardrobe.
You've always inspired me and in you I have found a kinsperson.
Though not as pale, nor as grim, not even remotely as enchanting, I wish I could at least keep a face
as straight as yours. It doesn't help that you were once portrayed by Christina Ricci and own a guillotined doll. May her hollow self ring with caws,wails and the verses of Macbeth.
I've probably grown older than you now, but you'll always remain the one woman I have sought reassurance for my beliefs in and have never failed to find it. As sure as there are gargoyles in the nightsky and beings in attics, you are my anchor of morbid principles and fashion.

I swear to remain your humble servant.

Please, please brand my children.

in awe


forever


No comments:

Post a Comment